Project:
Earth Day - Presentation

Earth Day Santiago 2010_Pooja Patel
Project Name : Earth Day Santiago 2010_Pooja Patel
Description : Earth Day Santiago 2010
Manager
Implementor
Name Status Sequence View
Know Your Stuff End 1 View

Project Views


Which sustainability component will your lesson focus on?
The sustainability component that my lesson will focus on is water conservation.
What related problem/issue will you present?
The problems I will present are how people use 100 gallons of water per day. People need to conserve water in order to keep that resource alive in the future. People need to realize that resources are limited. Only 3 percent of water is clean and the other 97 percent is salt water. People need to know the amount of water we have left in this world. Other problem that i will present is that people aren’t taking action for this issue and they need to put their foot down. It is time for the voices to be heard on this topic
What supporting facts characterize the problem?
The supporting facts that will characterize the problem would be the statistics of using water in various ways. Other facts that i will present is how water used when it’s unnecessary. For example, when a person showers they use about 16 percent of water. Other examples are how much water is used while flushing or washing the dishes. I will also compare how much water is used in one activity and how another activity can save more water. For example, if people use a dishwasher instead of washing dishes by hand, water is conserved that way. Comparing these two activities helps people understand and realize their options
What solution will you offer?
The solution that I will offer would be turning off water when not needed, using alternates that can be replaced instead of using water. Other solutions that can be offered are just encouraging and supporting people that fight to conserve water. If people educate themselves about this issue, that can be a great way to help spread the word.
What action or actions do you want people to take as a result of your lesson?
The actions I want people to take in order to conserve water is volunteer in the activities of using less water. I want people to go home and start thinking about how much water they use and how they can cut down. I also want them to spread awareness about this important issue with their peers and families. People should educate others about the water crises in this world if they have the knowledge to share it.
Please attach any supporting audio, video, images, files, blogs, links, graphs or other related to the problem or your solution?
File Type File Name Attachment Description
water conservation We, as students from Santiago High school are presenting to the elementry schools about saving water. We are teaching the students how to conserve water and increase their knowledge about using water. We are trying to enhance their knowledge about water conservation.
water conservation We, as students from Santiago High school are presenting to the elementry schools about saving water. We are teaching the students how to conserve water and increase their knowledge about using water. We are trying to enhance their knowledge about water conservation.
water conservation We, as students from Santiago High school are presenting to the elementry schools about saving water. We are teaching the students how to conserve water and increase their knowledge about using water. We are trying to enhance their knowledge about water conservation.
Water Conservation